Wednesday, February 18, 2026

Amid threats to ‘chicken’s neck’, India to take rail corridor underground

by Carbonmedia
()

Ashwini Vaishnaw said the Budget contains a proposal to expand railway link between the region and the rest of the country to four tracks, fulfilling a long-felt need. Northeast Frontier Railway GM Chetan Shrivastava said the underground stretch would run from Tin Mile Haat to Rangapani stations within Bengal. During the 2017 Doklam stand-off, military planners had talked about the vulnerability of the Siliguri stretch of the corridor.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating / 5. Vote count:

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

Related Articles

Leave a Comment